Nobody has the time to do hair every day. We put so much effort on wash day, especially if you’re using expensive products, you want it to last! With Curly Girl Movement stylers I can go 3 days with no refresh at all, consistently, and that’s why I wanted to empower you with these tips!
I find these two work the best together so I always use them together only.
🍬 Curl Styling Milk
The ingredients in it, pomegranate seed oil, avocado oil, nourish dry curly hair. The marshmallow root gives great slip so it’s easy to Detangle. It’s Protein-free too! I suggest you apply this on wet or damp hair first.
- For Fine Curls: Apply less milk and more gel because too much milk can weigh your hair down.
- For Thick Dry Curls: Apply more milk to boost the moisture quotient, but not too much!
Little goes a long way really, but if you live in dry humid weather it makes sense to use more milk. If hair feels heavy after the milk, you’ve added too much; your hair will feel like you just applied a deep conditioner (Eww!) If that happens to you, don’t worry. Just Squish to condish with water to “milk it down”.
🍬 Curl Defining Gel
The cream-gel has awesome ingredients too; jojoba oil, pomegranate seed oil, and aloe vera all work together to enhance curls. This is a hard hold gel with protein and it balances perfectly with its protein-free milk we just discussed above. My hair generally can’t handle too much protein but it appreciates the proteins in this gel.
What if I have to refresh after using CGM stylers?
If you find that you have to refresh, I got great news for you! You can just spray water on your hair and apply a tiny-smidgen of milk and gel to get your curls popping again. I suggest you watch the tutorials on the CGM Instagram page saved highlights to understand this better, with visuals. Since I get no-refresh days with these
How I get 3-4 days with Curly Girl Movement Stylers!
- Use it on clean, freshly washed, non-buildup hair. These products are rich, their POW-WOW ingredients need their own space. So if you cowash often, I suggest you clarify your hair first and then use these stylers.
- Plop before applying Gel. Not sure if this will method will work for you, but plopping with the Milk before
applyingthe gel works very nicely for me. If you don’t plop, that’s ok, try scrunching out the excess water and apply this gel on damp hair.
- Apply more Gel than the Milk! With damps styling you won’t get a cast but you will get definition, at least I do.
- Don’t Scrunch Out The Cast, if any. My hair wasn’t crunchy or stiff with this gel. So I don’t touch
it,or fluff it, but let my hair break the cast by itself as the day progresses. I try this with other gels too and it works for me.
- Protect your hair while you sleep or travel. I sleep on Silk pillowcase Beausilkin, no pineapple, with a silk bonnet to protect my curls. If you want to get one too, use my code
HONESTLIZfor 10% discount, you’ll need it. Trust me, silk is a luxury item (and worth it!)
That’s what I do with my Curly Girl Movement Stylers and I always get no-refresh days with them! If you have them, try these tips and let me know if they work for you or not. I would love to know!