The Natural Hair Care is a lifestyle, not just using a bunch of clean and safe products!
All this can be confusing, I know. But you know what? Each of us has a different lifestyle, different hair, and a method that suits one curly girl may not suit another. It is all about trial and error. The point is to get started the right way.
No confusion is not the right word here. What you may be feeling is “overwhelmed“. Yes, it’s too much to understand at one go and all. This is just the reality really. It’s important to learn the logic behind all these methods. You need to understand why this technique works and this product combination does not, etc. It is all important and you can’t escape it. Sorry man.
NO Short-Cut to amazing curly hair or defined Wavy hair
I read at least 10 articles for research to write 1 article here. So, if you’ve read 5 articles its equivalent to reading 50!! I know you don’t have time for that. So that’s why I created this website to make it easy for you. Hope you are grateful for all the info you find here, as the hundreds of my daily readers from all over the world are.
Slow and steady boo. Sure, the right products matter a LOT but don’t underestimate the power of technique, diligence, and the right curl friends to take you on this journey! Listed in my latest article are some of BEST IG curlies I love 😍 They taught me what I know. If you haven’t already, check it out and follow them too. We all learn from each other ❤🖤❤ . . . PS: That’s a decent #day4✔ hair, by the way. Before it was only nice on wash days – does that happen to you? Then it’s time for a change, either in your products or your technique! I’m here for you ✋🏼🌸 PPS:My 2017 favourite Products ~ Suitable for all hair types! . ✔Shampoo: @curlyellie and @bouncecurl ✔Conditioner: @asiamnaturally Cowash or @bouncecurl . ✔Deep conditioner: @raw_kyn, @mielleorganics, @edenbodyworks ✔Oil: @righteousrootsoils / @floracurl . ✔Leave-in Conditioner: @tginatural green tea ✔Curl Cream: @curlyellie leave-in . ✔Gel: @bouncecurl
I hope my website is a good resource for you to start your healthy curly hair journey.
If you are unsure where to start or what article to look at first, just follow the sequence of articles here. Still doubtful? You can always come chat with me on Instagram.
I am here for you.
But first, Embrace & Accept Your Natural Hair
- Why GO NATURAL? What Mom Never Told You About Healthy Natural Hair
- Start Here: 3 Reasons Why Curly Hair Needs More Attention
- Rewire Your Curly Hair Ideas: 3 Curly Hair Myths You Need To Stop Believing Right Now
- Switch to CG-Safe Products: Confused about Buying Natural Curly Hair Products?
- Repurpose & Reuse Your Non-CG stuff: What to do with Old Hair Products
- Learn the Sequence of using Curly Hair Products: How To Make Your Natural Hair Curly
Methods for Bouncy, Defined Curls!
- No Products? NO PROBLEM! How to Maintain Natural Hair Without Products
- Start a new curly hair routine! Top Tips and Tricks for Curly Hair Routine
- Short-cut to great curly hair: Here’s how to get Bouncy Defined Curls in 3 days!
- Fight Frizz: How To Solve Biggest Curly Hair Problem (FRIZZ) with the LOC Method
- Wash Day Options: Curly Hair Wash Methods (#3 is my favourite)
- Refreshing Curly Hair on non-wash days: Refresh Routine Article of Your Dreams
- CG for workouts: How to Manage Curly Hair for Workouts
- Smasters Technique for frizz-free and super defined curls!
CG Safe Products (+ what NOT to use)
I prefer trying out the products before recommending it to you. If you see me or any of your favourite curl enthusiasts using products, please proceed with caution. You want to research also before buying it on a whim. Get to know your hair and the science behind product labels ~ before you buy! Or come chat with me on Instagram, I always have the next best thing on my list so we can discuss, errr no problemo.
- Everything You need to start a healthy hair journey: Curly Hair Essentials
- Righteous Roots Hair Oil Review: Learn about Scalp Massages
- Radiant Glow Face Oil by SunkissAlba: For your face, body, and hair!
- Flora & Curl Superfruit Hair Oil: Importance of Sealing ends
Curly Hair-Care Tools
- Denman Brush: 5 Unexpected Ways it Can Give You Better Hair
- As I Am Cleansing Pudding: How this gentle cleanser can Keep You Out of Trouble
- Curly Ellie Shampoo: 13 Reasons to Shampoo Curly Hair!
- Red Rawkyn Clay Mask: Clash of Hair Masks’ Winner!
- Giovanni for curly hair: AND 7 deadly ways You can use Conditioners
- Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive: Biggest life lessons you’ll learn
- TGIN Green Tea Leave-In Conditioner: Why it’s sweeter than Christmas Morning
- Cantu Curl Activator : Tips on How to Use Cantu on Natural Hair
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie: Tips on how to use Shea Moisture Smoothie
- Dippity Do Curl Boosting Mousse: Is it better than gel?
- Bounce Curl: Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel: Is it worth the hype?
- Devacurl Gels: Why Devacurl Arc Angel Gel is Sexy like an uncomfortable Stiletto
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard: Results (Pictures & Videos!!) & Smasters Technique
- Garnier Fructis Style Pure Clean Styling Gel: It’s not CG, but I still love it!
DIY Products & Methods
- Homemade Flaxseed Gel: Fantastic Natural Curly Hair Product for You
- ACV is life! The Complete Beginner’s Guide to ACV Rinse
- An affordable natural alternative to shampoo: How to Use Bentonite Clay Mask
You CAN DO This. . . 1⃣ Use safe and natural products. . 2⃣ Make time to use those products. . 3⃣ Use the products correctly. Read instructions. . 4⃣ Listen to your hair. Balance moisture and protein. 5⃣ ASK questions. Read a lot. Watch tutorials. . 6⃣ Follow someone similar to your hair texture . 7⃣ Take your vitamins! Eat right or both. 8⃣ Drink your water. Lots of it! . 9⃣ When in doubt clarify, deep condition. . 🔟 Don’t have products? Make some. . . It does take some effort to look a certain way, so stop making excuses about time, kids, money. YOU CAN DO THIS. . . #curlsfordays #curlsoncurls #lovemycurls #curlyhairtransformation #juicycurls #healthyhairjourney #naturallycurly#naturalcurls #curlcrush#perfectcurls #embraceyourcurls#healthy_hair_journey #curlsonfleek#curlsunderstood #curlyhairdocare #naturallyshesdope @curlsunderstood @curly_natural_hair @curlyheadedqueens @curlyperfectly @curlinspirations @gocurls @curlynaturals @curlyhairdesire @curlyhaireverywhere @naturallycurly @curlybeauties @amazingnaturalhair @respectmyhair @myhaircrush @controlledchaoshair
Where to Buy Natural Curly Hair Products (other than Amazon)
If you have a loved one in the United States who is kind enough to bring you things:
- Target – They always have great prices! Make sure you go to the Natural Hair category.
- Walgreens – They almost always have great offers and sales! How exciting!!
If you have no one (like me) to smuggle hair products for you through customs, here is my favourite UK site:
- Naturalistic Products – If you are interested, use my referral link here – Naturalistic Products – to buy the best curly hair products I recommend to you from the UK. They ship worldwide!!
What’s this referral link, Liz: Well, you also get a referral link after creating an account with Naturalistic to shop. You can share your referral link with your friends to earn points later. So here is mine, use it to help me get points 🙂
- My Store! I cover all shipping and customs for you to make great goodies now affordable in India. Most are sourced directly from the brands and others by a trusted, licensed reseller in the USA and UK. New stock information announced on my Instagram (IG) @HonestProductsHere IG Stories! Be sure to follow and check to grab your goodies before anyone else does !!
No. All products hosted on Honest Products Store enhance your natural hair color, texture, and pattern. . . Curly hair is fragile, thirsty, and needs products to curl and stay curled -for days! . . Straight hair, wavy hair, men or women, children or seniors, you can use these products – maybe not all because let’s face it, curly hair needs more care than other hair types! . . So no, these products don’t make any hair curly, but they will promote overall hair health! . . Who knows? After going all natural, maybe you’ll discover your curls after being straight or wavy or under chemical abuse for so long! 😍 . . Want to embrace your natural hair? We’re here for you boo ❤
My Delighted Customers!
Best Curly Girl Resources
- Curly Hair Instagram Pages – You need to follow ASAP
- Our Healthy Hair Journey – FB Group
- Curly Girls! (Conditioner-Washing Group for Women) – FB Group
- Love YOUR curls!! ❤❤ – FB Group
- My FB Group – Embracing Natural Hair – I go LIVE every week to discuss and explain key haircare concepts.
Got questions? Come chat with me while I style my hair LIVE on Instagram.