Looking for the best Curly Girl Resource? I’m glad you came here!
The Curly Girl (CG) Method is a lifestyle, not just about using a bunch of CG-safe products!
All this can be confusing, I know. But you know what? Each of us has a different lifestyle, different hair, and a method that suits one curly girl may not suit another. It is all about trial and error. The point is to get started the right way.
I hope my website is a good resource for you to start your healthy curly hair journey. If you are unsure where to start or what article to look at first, here is a quick guide. If you are still doubtful about this curly girl resource, you can always come chat with me on Instagram.
I am here for you.
But first, Embrace & Accept Your Natural Hair
- You want to read this first: What Mom Never Told You About Healthy Natural Hair
- Rewire Your Curly Hair Ideas: 3 Curly Hair Myths You Need To Stop Believing Right Now
- Switch to CG-Safe Products: Confused about Buying Natural Curly Hair Products?
- Repurpose & Reuse Your Non-CG stuff: What to do with Old Hair Products
- Learn the Sequence of using Curly Hair Products: How To Make Your Natural Hair Curly
Methods for Bouncy, Defined Curls!
- Short-cut to great curly hair: Here’s how to get Bouncy Defined Curls in 3 days!
- Fight Frizz: How To Solve Biggest Curly Hair Problem (FRIZZ) with the LOC Method
- Wash Day Options: Curly Hair Wash Methods (#3 is my favourite)
- Refreshing Curly Hair on non-wash days: Refresh Routine Article of Your Dreams
- CG for workouts: How to Manage Curly Hair for Workouts
CG Safe Products (+ what NOT to use)
I prefer trying out the products before recommending it to you. If you see me or any of your favourite curl enthusiasts using products, please proceed with caution. You want to research also before buying it on a whim. Get to know your hair and the science behind product labels ~ before you buy! Or come chat with me on Instagram, I always have the next best thing on my list so we can discuss, errr no problemo.
- Everything You need to start a healthy hair journey: Curly Hair Essentials
- Righteous Roots Hair Oil: Scalp Massages is the New Black
Curly Hair-Care Tools
- Denman Brush: 5 Unexpected Ways it Can Give You Better Hair
- As I Am Cleansing Pudding: How this gentle cleanser can Keep You Out of Trouble
- Red Rawkyn Clay Mask: Clash of Hair Masks’ Winner!
- Giovanni for curly hair: AND 7 deadly ways You can use it
- Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive: Biggest life lessons you’ll learn
- TGIN Green Tea Leave-In Conditioner: Why it’s sweeter than Christmas Morning
- Cantu Curl Activator Review: Tips on How to Use Cantu on Natural Hair
- Bounce Curl Review: Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel: Is it worth the hype?
- Devacurl Gels Review: Why Devacurl Arc Angel Gel is Sexy like an uncomfortable Stiletto
DIY Products & Methods
- Homemade Flaxseed Gel: Fantastic Natural Curly Hair Product for You
- ACV is life! The Complete Beginner’s Guide to ACV Rinse
- Affordable natural alternative to shampoo: How to Use Bentonite Clay Mask
Where to Buy Natural Curly Hair Products (other than Amazon)
If you have a loved one in the United States who is kind enough to bring you things:
- Target – They always have great prices! Make sure you go to the Natural Hair category.
- Walgreens – They almost always have great offers and sales! How exciting!!
If you have no one (like me) to smuggle hair products for you through customs, here is my favourite UK site:
- Naturalistic Products – The shipping cost depends on the total weight but starts at £5.99 which is less 550 bucks. The product prices, however, are retail (yay!) that means it’s close to actual price and not too inflated like Amazon. They deliver within two weeks too – unlike the over 5-week wait for direct U.S. orders. If you know of others who need products, buy it together and split the shipping costs! If you are interested, use my referral link here – Naturalistic Products – to buy the best curly hair products I recommend to you.What’s this referral link, Liz: Well, you also get a referral link after creating an account with Naturalistic to shop. You can share your referral link with your friends to earn points later. So here is mine, use it to help me get points 🙂 Buy from Naturalistic Products
Best Curly Girl Resources
Got questions? Come chat with me while I style my hair LIVE on Instagram.