Curly hair care needs to be as natural as possible. Using commercial products that have parabens, sulfates and even “fragrances” are reeeeeally bad for your sensitive and tender curls. Here is an easy way to achieve salon-like curls but with a homemade and natural curly hair care product!
Key Benefits of homemade flaxseed gel (FSG)
- FSG is organic, natural!
- Once applied, dries fast
- Gives your curly hair soft hold
- Shines and moisturizes
- Promotes hair growth
- Defines your curls
- FSG almost never has a cast like other commercial gels
- Used flax seeds are reusable again, making it super economical
- Rich in omega 3 which nourishes and restores health to your hair.
- Does not dry your hair unlike the drying alcohols in commercial gels
- Never causes breakage or hair fall, but PROMOTES hair growth!
- Perfect for wash days AND refreshes on non-wash days.
- Mixes easily with oils/conditioners/curl creams/essential oils and other gels too.
- Fantastic for all hair types, even wavy hair!
The 2-ingredient Natural Curly Hair Care Product
If you were wondering how to make the flaxseed gel for curly hair at home, then here is the quick method: All you need is some store-bought flaxseeds and filtered water!
Organic Flaxseeds: Buy Here
- get link Mix 1/4 cup of flax seeds with 2 cups of water.
- here Bring it to a boil.
- http://chandaulisamachar.com/?q=viagra-without-script Lower the temperature, and then keep stirring for 4-7 minutes until egg-white consistency.
- http://changtengyuan.com/?q=real-viagra-online-without-a-prescription Take it off heat and strain the liquid into a jar. (For high porosity curls, add your favorite oil or essential oil at this point and mix).
- http://chamleypipe.com/?q=viagra-canada-patent Let it cool.
Once cooled, the consistency of the flaxseed gel is more or less exactly that of any natural curly hair gel. Make sure to store it in the fridge. The refrigerated flaxseed gel can be used for up to 10 days. You can also freeze the strained flax seeds and use them again for your next batch.
For excellent results, use any of these super mixes:
- Mix with oil and massage your scalp, the night before wash day to stimulate your scalp and also for hair growth benefits!
- Mix your homemade THICK flaxseed gel with your favorite curl cream in your palm just before application.
- Blend together 1/2 cup of Cantu Curl Activator and two pumps of Moogo Protein Shot leave-in.
- Mix essential oils for curly hair in the strained and hot FSG.
- Add Xantham Gum, the thickening agent, ADD to your FSG for a “stronger hold” for curls. Here’s a video of the result I got!
A WORD OF CAUTION:
- If the seeds or the gel gets a sharp rancid smell, throw it away.
- If you have low porosity hair then mixing oil can weigh your hair down.
- Depending on the weather use a curl cream, oil or another gel to avoid frizz.
Try and see which product cocktail works best for your hair – let me know too so even I can try it out for my 3A curls.
Here’s a quick video of the best recipe I have ever tried – the key is to get thicker flaxseed gel for better hold and curl pattern.
Have you tried it yet? Let me know. Comment here
Liked these tips? You will LOVE my Instagram @honestlizhere stories, highlights, live videos, and useful posts! Come, follow, and subscribe so you don’t miss any new posts!!