The now iconic Cantu Curl Activator from Cantu Beauty is a beloved curl cream, a must-have for any curly. This curl cream is a curl enhancer; an absolute curly hair essential! Use this good boy in countless ways – here are ideas to introduce this natural curly hair product into your routine today.
If you don’t have it yet, then let’s first look at the many reasons you should get it, PRONTO.
5 Reasons to Buy Cantu Curl Activator Today
- Delivers volume & shine.
- Activates curls revealing frizz-free, bouncy curls.
- Great for quick refreshes on non-wash days (Wash n’ Go).
- It is affordable; a little goes a long way with this curly hair essential.
Gives you curl definition otherwise may not be possible with just a leave-in conditioner or gel.
Cantu Curl Activator
Texture: Thick Cream, awesome slip but only with water.
Fragrance: Rich, floral with coconut-y flavor – I always smell like a flower after using it. LOVE it.
Recommended for: All curly hair types but may be too heavy for wavy hair.
CG-Safe? YES (yay!)
How long will it last? The 12oz bottle can last up to 6 months or more!
How much did I buy it for? ₹1100/- in May 2017 from Amazon.
How to use Cantu Curl Activator on Natural Hair
Trial and error is the name of the curly hair regimen-game. Use these ideas to know what works for your hair type. Remember to use a Denman Brush right after to get the absolute best curl definition! Lock those newly formed clumps with LOTs of GEL or seal the moisture in with your favourite oil.
I graze it over my hair, after a leave-in, do praying hands and use my Denman Brush
Rake-in the curl cream, like the clawing motion to detangle.
Praying hands motion to get fatter, bigger curl clumps.
- Spread just one dollop (or more if you have high porosity hair or length) in your palms with few drops of oil to SOTC – Here is a quick video of how I SOTC = Cantu mixed with my beloved Righteous Roots Hair Oil.
The countless ways to use Cantu Curl Activator
Curl creams are stylers, that means, use it after wash to style. You can also use it to refresh your curly hair on non-wash days, but a word of caution; Cantu Curl Activator needs a LOT of water to do its job so use it on soaking wet hair, not dry, damp, or plopped hair to style.
This sign “ >” marks the order of application. “+” means to mix.
Cantu > Gel
Leave-in > Cantu > Oil
Any Leave-in > Cantu > Gel
Leave-in > Cantu > Oil > Gel
Cantu + few drops of oil for SOTC*
Cantu scrunch on freshly steamed hair, like after a shower, remove your shower cap and let your curly hair soak in the steam. Then scrunch with a pea-sized amount of Cantu.
If you use it for a refresh, use it on wet hair. Use like half a dollop to SOTC and it will help you minimise frizz – it’s better than SOTC with bare hands.
*SOTC ~ Scrunch out the crunch ~ This is to break the cast your gel may give you, on dried hair.
Product cocktails using the Cantu Curl Activator
Cantu is a natural curly hair product, and this means it is devoid of any baddie ingredient. This is why it pairs well with almost any CG approved natural products. This was my absolute first international buy and I cannot do without it. Here are few ideas from my experience and of other Instagram curl beauties and FB Group “Love Your Curls”
Product Cocktails & Links (Buy here)
- Filtered water to wet dry hair > Cantu to refresh on non-wash days.
- Cantu + FSG** > KCCC***
- Cantu + KCCC
- Shea Moisture Low Porosity Conditioner > Cantu
- Cantu + FSG (mixed together in your palm)
- TGIN Green Tea Leave-in > Cantu > > Denman Brush> Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel
- TGIN Green Tea Leave-in > Cantu > TGIN Curl Bomb Gel
- 1/2 cup Cantu + 2 pumps Moogoo Protein Shot + FSG WHOLE BATCH (blended together)
- Miss Jessie leave in conditioner > Cantu > Denman Brush
- As I Am Leave-in > Cantu > Devacurl Arc Angel Gel
- KCKT Leave-in > Cantu > Devacurl Arc Angel Gel
- NYM Purple Conditioner > Cantu > Devacurl Arc Angel Gel
- Devacurl One Condition > Cantu + Aussie Instant Freeze gel
- NYM Purple Conditioner > Cantu > KCCC
**FSG ~ Homemade Flaxseed Gel
Get it with free shipping from my store!! Buy here – Cantu Curl Activator
Product Combo ‼️Have you ever tried Cantu Curl Activator just by itself? I did last night after @asiamnaturally cowash😁 and results are BOMB! This curling cream gives you Soft, defined, voluminous curls. I scrunched, separated ringlets, and sneaked in a scalp massage today morning with @righteousrootsoils . This oil added the much needed shine ✨ Let me know if you try Cantu alone 🌼 ______________________________________________________________________ #cantucurlactivator #righteousrootsoil #voluminous #softcurls #finecurls #nogel #asiamcowash #asiamodel #curlspirations #curls4days #naturalcurls #naturalcurly #naturalcurlyhair #naturalcurlygirls #naturalcurlygirl #teamcowash #washngo #cowashing
How else do you use this fabulous curl cream? Or do your hate it? Let me know in comments – help me and the readers with your tips.
Liked these tips? You will LOVE my Instagram @honestlizhere stories, live videos, and useful posts! Come, follow and don’t miss any new posts.